7-Nights Easter Island & the Tapati Festival
Easter Island & the Tapati Festival
Journey to the world's most isolated destination, Easter Island, attending five days at the vibrant Tapati Rapa Nui Festival; observing mysterious, human-like moai statues; and seeing grass-skirted dancers perform to Polynesian music.
- Celebrate a unique, vibrant culture in one of the most isolated places on earth, experiencing five thrilling days of festivals
- Marvel at the hundreds of moai (human-shaped statues) that have guarded the island for more than 800 years
- Witness exciting contests of strength and skill that celebrate the Rapa Nui culture
- Savor the sounds of Polynesian music as grass-skirted dancers perform beneath the stars
- Explore Santiago's bustling squares, inspiring masterworks and ornate seats of power
- Sample distinctive, up-and-coming wines in the heart of Chile's sprawling Cachapoal Valley
7 nights from $999999999 per person
Supplier: Abercrombie & Kent
Santiago is a huge city of nearly five million inhabitants surrounded by immense Andean peaks creating a spectacular backdrop. The city centre is quite manageable with a collection of wide avenues, squares and parks all laid out in a grid pattern.
Chile has a distinctly European flavour and Santiago will bring this home to you as you visit the churches, monuments and museums all designed in a certain familiar style.
Easter Island is over 2,000 miles from the nearest population center, (Tahiti and Chile), making it one of the most isolated places on Earth. A triangle of volcanic rock in the South Pacific - it is best known for the giant stone monoliths, known as Moai, that dot the coastline. The early settlers called the island "Te Pito O Te Henua" (Navel of The World). Admiral Roggeveen, who came upon the island on Easter Day in 1722, named it Easter Island. Today, the land, people and language are all referred to locally as Rapa Nui.
Valid Travel Dates
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
5970 Guilford Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.